If you are having trouble with your garage door, it may be due to some problem with the springs. Garage door springs do break, and they can be replaced. I won't try to convince you not to take that approach if you need new springs, but I will strongly suggest that you carefully weigh the risks versus the rewards in this project before deciding to do so.
Out of Balance Springs
The best sign of a well-functioning garage door is that it opens and closes smoothly and quietly. ...When it stops working as it should, the problem can be serious. Try operating the garage door manually (pull the cord attached to the arm connecting the rail trolley system to the door). If the door continues to be difficult to operate, the problem could be that the springs are out of balance. In this case, you can be confident that the problem isn't going to fix itself. And failing to fix it could result in an escalating list of worn and broken parts. Call us asap.
Garage Door Spring Brackets
Garage door springs are attached to brackets on the bottom of the garage door. As with the springs, these brackets are also under a lot of tension and should only be adjusted or otherwise maintained by a pro. Newer models of garage doors have tamper resistant brackets that prevent the curious but inexperienced among us from getting into trouble.
Call us anytime - let us help you - 336-3667 as for Tipp or Steve.
OVERHEAD DOOR BLOG
But as the price of real estate has risen, the room that's often the most neglected and underutilized in the house also has grown in value. Savvy real estate professionals and sellers are now staging the garage along with the rest of the house, and getting higher returns for the effort.
In some cases, a home owner's special interest may drive the use of the garage. Gardeners may have special bins built for soil and fertilizer. Golfers may install customized cabinets for their golf clubs. Exercise enthusiasts may outfit the space with workout equipment.
Regardless of what the space is primarily used for, practitioners say spectacular garages make listings stand out and sell faster.
Tags: Garage Doors more Efficient, 2013, Custom Garage Doors, Door Specialist, Handyman garage doors, home improvement, garage door replacements, Glass Garage Doors, Garage doors, Heavy Duty Doors, Glass Doors, Diagnostic Door
One of the largest rooms in the house is the garage. You may not consider it a room, but it is a major extension that must be taken care of for many reasons.
Making sure that it has a quality door is an important measure to protect this all-important room.
Here are some of the reasons why you should install a door for your garage:
1. Security- While you may think of it as a storage area, a place where... your car lives, but not really a part of the house, the garage is actually an extra line of defense between your family and the outside world. Think of it as a movable wall of the house. Because of this, you should choose a quality sturdy door.
2. Privacy- You don't have to enclose this area, but if you want to protect your belongings and your privacy, it makes sense to install a door to keep prying eyes out. Whether you use it to park your car or as a storage room, you don't want to advertise what you have. You may also want to hide the mess it has become because this room also becomes a catch-all for things that haven't made it into the attic.
3. Increase storage/room space- Adding a door can increase your storage space by a couple hundred square feet. Now that you have the security and privacy, you can keep other valuables besides the cars in this room. You also have an additional room for social occasions. Especially when the party is outdoors but the weather doesn't cooperate. You may not want people tracking dirt and mud through the house, but you can move the party into this room and protect people from the elements as well.
4. Energy efficiency- When it is attached to the house, a garage has a direct impact on the energy-efficiency of the rest of the house. By adding a door, it helps regulate the temperature which affects the interior temperature. Additional steps to take include insulating the door and installing weather-stripping. There are doors that are Energy-Star compliant that not only help reduce your power bills, but can also earn you a tax credit of up to $1500 if installed before December 31, 2010.
5. Weather protection- If you leave the space open, when weather is bad it is quite ineffective at protecting your cars and belongings. Water can pool in the area, dirt, debris and snow- whatever the elements bring- come right on in. It gets dirty, damaged and your belongings are at risk as well. Weather stripping and a threshold seal help increase the effectiveness of keeping out the
When you are looking for a dealer to install your new door, choose one who is experienced and trained in installation and repair. Also, find about the warranty service. Once you have a quality door for your garage, you and your family, your belongings and your home are protected.
ARE YOU CONFUSED ABOUT THE NEW UL 325 STANDARD:
Because of the tremendous growth in our industry, it has become necessary to address safety as it applies to Automatic Gate Systems. What does this mean to you? Most importantly it means that you will install your new gate system to meet the new industry standard, and that you will have the safest installation possible.
The new UL 325 standard is a safety standard for a door, drapery, gate, louver, and window operators and systems. Specifically, it applies to electric operators for doors, draperies, gates, louvers, windows and other openings and closing appliances rated 600 volts or less.
UL standards are voluntary standards that establish minimum requirements and are developed via an open, non-exclusionary process. For your own protection, adhere to the UL325 standard and be sure installations should meet the requirement or exceed the standard.
Here are the most common problems, along with repairs for garage doors & openers.
Garage door opener does not operate with either the remote or the wall switch:
The power source has probably been disrupted - check to see if it is plugged in. Check your circuit breaker, fuses and power boxes. Also, check the batteries in your remote, keypad or wall button. Perhaps it needs to be reprogrammed.
Garage door won't close all the way:
Check the limit switch - needs adjusting. If not, see if the door is binding when raised or lowered and to see the the photo cells/electrical beams or they are aimed directly at one another, or has something blocking it.
Garage door reverses before hitting the floor:
Check photo cells/electrical beam - may be blocked at floor level of the door. Close force may need adjusting.
Garage door does not open completely:
The limit switch may need to be removed away from the motor unit. Make sure the antenna on the motor unit is hanging down.
Broken springs or a broken motor:
These are the most serious garage door repairs. It is always recommended to replace springs in pairs, to ensure balanced operation. A professional should repair a broken spring or motor.
Regular maintenance of your garage door system may help prevent some garage door repairs.
Aluminum Garage Doors
Beautiful, Corrosion and Rust-Resistant Aluminum Garage Doors Can Greatly Improve the Value of Your Home
You don’t have to live near the coast to appreciate an aluminum garage door from Overhead Door Company of Northeast Arkansas.
Aluminum doors, though, are corrosion-and rust-resistant. No matter how many times you may have to repaint the rest of your home’s exterior, your aluminum garage door will remain looking new for years, without repainting.
Overhead Door Company of Northeast Arkansas carries the largest selection of the highest-quality aluminum garage doors available. Call us today at 870-3336-3667 or 1-866-430-3667 or visit our overheaddoornea.com at 3620 Stadium Blvd. Jonesboro AR. You’ll be able to see firsthand the many styles of aluminum garage doors that have beautified and improved the value of so many homes, as well as the wide selection available from our manufacturers.
We also feature the absolute finest in wood, steel, copper, glass and powder-coated garage doors.
Why Aluminum Garage Doors are a Great Choice
Sturdy aluminum garage doors are among the most popular products that Overhead Door Company of Northeast Arkansas sells, installs, and services. A few of the reasons why:
- Environmentally friendly. Aluminum doesn’t degrade or rot. Also, if you ever wish to replace your aluminum garage door, it can easily be recycled.
- Durability. Long-lasting, prefinished garage doors made of aluminum are stronger than steel garage doors and look terrific for years. No need to worry about dents, cracking or warping. Because of their superior construction, they also operate more smoothly than other doors and require less maintenance.
- Weather resistant. Aluminum garage doors do not rust or corrode.
- Variety of styles. Do you like the look of a carriage garage door? Maybe something sleeker, more modern? Aluminum garage doors come in many styles and can be easily customized.
- Aluminum garage doors enhance the appearance and value of your home. There’s no quicker way to give your home a “facelift” than replacing a weathered garage door with a beautiful aluminum model.
Best of all, OVERHEAD DOOR COMPANY OF NORTHEAST ARKANSAS installs and services every door that we sell. Contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions about aluminum garage doors, or any of the garage you want.
Trust the Aluminum Garage Door Specialist
Thousands of Jonesboro and surrounding homeowners have trusted Overhead Door Company of Northeast Arkansas for the purchase and installation of garage doors over the years; why go to one of those warehouse stores? We’re the aluminum garage door specialist. We also can assist in developing a custom design. Bring us a photo of your home or sketch of your dream door and we can help you get the perfect door at the right price.
We are waiting your call - CALL TODAY!
Tags: Garage Doors more Efficient, Doors, Finding the Right Garage Doors, Custom Garage Doors, Jonesboro, Door Specialist, Rolling Doors, Overhead Doors, home improvement, garage door replacements, how do I find a new garage door, Garage doors, Green Building, Aluminum Doors, Sectional Garage Doors, Energy Efficient Doors, Wood Doors